The Federation of African Nutrition Societies and Rwanda Nutrition Society (RNS) are planning to hold the 4th FANUS Conference, in Kigali Rwanda from 12 to 15th August 2019. Deadline for abstract submission is 31st January 2019. The Conference Theme is be “Nutrition in Action for Sustainable Development in Africa”
The conference provides a forum for nutrition and health scientists, policy makers, entrepreneurs, development partners, and other stakeholders in the nutrition, health, agriculture and food sectors to present their latest research findings. Also, the conference will act as an avenue to dialogue how to enhance better nutrition and health among Africans to serve as the foundation for sustainable human, social, and economic development.
· Malnutrition; forms, trends, causalities, innovations and cost.
· Commitments, policies and strategies to eliminate malnutrition
· Multi-sectoral coordination of nutrition initiatives
· Sustainable financing of Nutrition
· Human Capital Development and Education
· Nutrition and NCDs
· Isotopes in nutrition research
· Advocacy, communication and mobilization
· Data generation and Knowledge systems
· Nutrition policies, politics, and nutrition governance in Africa
· Nutrition and health implication of the current food system in Africa· Exploring the Potential of African foods in Nutrition and disease.
Registration is open. Early Bird Registration fee is $250, ending on 30th June 2019. Late and on-site registration fee is $300.
Limited scholarships for upcoming scientists to attend the conference are available.For updates, please check the announcement for details or periodically visit our website http://www.fanus.org.
For further inquires contact the Chairperson of the Local Organizing Committee: Christine Mukantwali, PhD. President, Rwanda Nutrition Society. Senior Food and Nutrition Research Fellow. Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Development Board. Tel: (+250)788445328/ (+250)732800358; Email: email@example.com