Deadline: 25 October 2019
Do you have a project with the potential to solve hunger? If yes, then apply to the WFP Innovation Accelerator and receive up to 100,000 USD in equity-free funding, mentorship from industry experts and access to the world’s largest humanitarian organisation.
The WFP Innovation Accelerator identifies, nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. WFP support innovators and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
· Teams will be able to tap into and leverage their strong network of public, private, and government partners to accelerate implementation.
· Applicant will have the chance to work with technical and industry mentors who will provide guidance and accelerate their progress.
· Successful teams will work with WFP units on the ground to further develop and refine their solutions.
Apply to receive up to $100,000 in equity-free funding, with further funding dependent upon progress and measurable achievement of key targets.
If applicants are a start-up…
* Their start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not-for-profit.
* Their innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction is preferred.
*Their solution should be financially viable.
* Their proposal must show how working with WFP will serve applicants long-term strategy.
* If applicants are a WFP employee…
*Their team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
* Everybody working at WFP is encouraged to apply, regardless of applicants contract type or function.
* They accept project applications from WFP employees who are collaborating with NGOs, government or private sectors.
Applications submitted to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are assessed according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts. Please note that they prioritize projects that are designed alongside their core users—vulnerable communities—and that show initial traction and market validation to ensure impact and maximize cost effectiveness. They are looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
· Impact for the people they serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
· Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
· Level of innovation
· Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
· Team strength, experience, and commitment
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit WFP Innovation Accelerator.